- Peer-evaluations go LIVE on Monday, November 29th and will stay open until Wednesday, December 8th at 4:00pm. Peer-evaluations are REQUIRED for all students and are an important part of your overall grade.
- Once peer-evaluations are closed, the VIP program cannot re-open them. Please complete them as soon as possible so if you encounter an issue, we are able to help you.
- An important component of the VIP team experience is peer evaluation. Students evaluate classmates with whom they work, with one evaluation at midterms and one at the end of each semester. Only instructors can view completed evaluations, and they use them in monitoring student progress. Students can only submit peer evaluations during active evaluation periods. Instructors can access evaluations at any time.
- Users can only log in from on campus or via VPN (Cisco AnyConnect). And also by entering this url https://vpn.gatech.edu/https/webman.vip.gatech.edu
- Students can only access the peer evaluation portion of the system during active evaluation periods.
- Instructors can access evaluations at any time.
- CLICK HERE to access Peer-evaluations. You will be prompted to sign in.
Users must login from on campus or via Virtual Private Network (VPN).
FAQ on the VPN
Software Download (will need to download VPN, Cicso AnyConnect)
Peer Evaluations are Required (really)
Per the syllabus, there is a grade penalty for not participating in the peer evaluation process. This is because teamwork is an important part of the VIP experience. Peer evaluations are one tool instructors use to monitor teamwork, along with observations during team meetings and your VIP notebooks.
Who do You Evaluate?
The first question in the evaluation is, "How often do you work with each student?" If you did not work wtih a student and mark "1 (I do not know this person)" or "2", then the system will not have you evaluate that student. If your advisor instructs you to only evaluate your subteam, you will respond with "1" or "2" for students outside of your subteam.
Please report problems to email@example.com. When you email, be sure to:
- Include your username, GTID, and VIP team name
- Include error messages the system is giving you (copy/paste)
- Describe when the error occurs (when you login, when you click submit, etc.)
- Include a screenshot if possible