Through the Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Industry Affiliates Program, companies and government entities can support VIP Teams. The industry affiliate chooses which team(s) it would like to be involved with, and provides $15k for student support (per academic year, per team). As student support, no deliverables can be specified. In turn, the full $15k goes to the team, with no indirect costs.
Unless restricted by the funding source, funds can be used on:
- Equipment and M&S
- Student travel
- Printing/fabrication services (team polos, etc.)
- Student wages
- Food for team events
Because the funds are for student support, they cannot be used for instructor salaries. Other items for instructors to note:
- No overhead is charged.
- Fringe benefits apply, if relevant.
- Expenditures must comply with GT purchasing policies & procedures.
Parameters on the gifts:
- No direct benefits to the funding source or contractual requirements/deliverables can be specified.
- The funding source may not dictate research activities.
- No intellectual property assignment to the sponsor.
- No confidential information.
Within Georgia Tech, these gifts are counted as gifts to the instructor's home department. For more information on the VIP Industry Affiliates Program, please contact Leah Misemer at email@example.com.