VIP teams maintain shared documentation in Team Wikis.
Old Wiki Platform
The MediaWiki server maintained by the VIP Program will be phased out in Fall 2021. After December 31, 2021, the site will become an unmaintained live archive of all Team Wiki pages with Editing mode disabled.
The wiki is available at https://wiki.vip.gatech.edu/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page, and the old wiki url (https://wiki.vip.gatech.edu) will forward to this link. Users can only log in from the on-campus network or via GT VPN (Cisco AnyConnect). The Visual Editor (WYSIWYG editor) feature is no longer in service. For the rest of this year, authors must learn the wiki markup language to edit.
New Wiki Platform
Teams can continue to use the old wiki through December 31, 2021. We have two options for VIP teams to switch over (now or after December):
- Wiki for teams not developing code: SharePoint Wiki created by the VIP Program through Microsoft Teams
- The VIP program can set this up for you. This will include a landing page that explains wiki basics. If you would like us to set it up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if your VIP team already uses Microsoft Teams, and we'll ask you to add our IT person to your Team so they can set it up
- Migrating Content Over: We don't yet have an automated way to migrate content to the new wiki. We recommend having students copy-paste content that is still useful and archive the rest.
- Wiki for teams that develop code: GitHub Wiki
- If you are already using GitHub version control system, the GitHub Wiki feature is a good wiki option. VIP teams would set this up on their own. OIT has an FAQ.
What if you have questions?
If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and thanks to all for the patience during the transition.